Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter




In celebration of Easter, I did a mock-cake. Mock-cake just means that instead of baking an actual cake, I simply covered styrofoam with fondant. I did this because I wanted to practice design, without wasting cake mix supplies. Also, this is good practice because a fairly new trend in parties, especially weddings, is to have a huge and elaborate mock-cake for display and then a flavorful sheet cake in the kitchen to serve to guests.
I used a cube-shaped piece of styrofoam. I covered it with a marble-style fondant. The marble look was created by using 4 different pastel fondants (blue, pink, yellow, and green). I used green icing to pipe on the border and the "Happy Easter". The yellow nest on top is made out of a string candy. The eggs are store-bought, Easter-themed jelly beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment