Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Birthday



My boyfriend asked me to make a birthday cake for his mother. I decided to do a spring-themed cake. Bottom layer is chocolate devil's food cake with chocolate frosting... to represent dirt. (I just realized from the pics I took you can't really see the bottom layer, but trust me it's there. LOL. The top layer is yellow cake with green frosting... to represent grass. His mom likes Tinkerbell, so I have a plastic figurine of her kneeling, at the center of the cake. Around her are four completely edible "bugs". They are made entirely of yellow cake and frosting. I dyed plain white frosting to achieve the different colors of the bees and the ladybugs. Overall, for a rushed job and not being in my own kitchen I think it came out pretty nice. Happy Spring!... And Happy Birthday Antonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment