Monday, July 19, 2010

Cinnamon Toast... Mmmmm!

One of my favorite cereals is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. As I was enjoying a sweet bowl of it recently, I started to think about its' origins. What is cinnamon toast and how do you make it? I figured I would like it since I love the cereal version. I assumed it was ridiculously complex and I suppose if you were making it completely from scratch then it would be. However, I am no bread-maker and I won't pretend to be one. I admit, I took the easy lazy way on this one... store-bought sliced bread. LOL. Once I made it and tried it, I liked it right away. It's great for breakfast or as a snack!

Basically, you take a slice of bread and toast it until it is golden brown. While the bread is toasting, mix together cinnamon and sugar. I didn't measure, but if I had to guess I'd say I mixed about 2 teaspoons each into a little measuring cup. Make sure you mix well, so that there is no distinction between the cinnamon and the sugar. While it's still hot, butter the toast generously. As the butter melts into the bread, sprinkle your cinnamon/sugar mix all over the slices of toast so that you will be sure to taste it with every bite. And you're done! Take a bite and enjoy your tasty treat!


NOTE: Though I didn't physically bake anything for this particular blog entry, the elements involved are in fact baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment