Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bought a new Wilton pan



I bought a new Wilton pan. It makes 6 cylinder-shaped mini-cakes and/or giant muffins. I used a basic yellow cake mix, but I made it extra moist and buttery. I leveled off the tops and flipped them over. I then melted white icing in the microwave for 12 seconds before drizzling the icing over the tops of my mini-cakes. I purposely allowed the icing to drizzle off the sides because I thought it gave he cakes a more interesting than just icing the entire cake on all slides in a flat and smooth manner. I used a an edible glittery gel to create a sort of bulls-eye and topped each little cake off with a store-bought edible candy star. I had a few people try these spur-of-the-moment mini-cakes and let me tell you: THEY LOVED 'EM!

No comments:

Post a Comment