Saturday, May 15, 2010

DOTS Cake

Remember DOTS candies? They come in different colors, all lined up in rows, on strips of white paper. While browsing through Walmart today, I came across this classic little candy and I was inspired to whip something up. I decided to try using the square cake pan I just purchased last week... my 1st time baking and decorating a square one! 

The inside of this cake is Funfetti. I chose Funfetti because I felt like it went perfectly with the colorful DOTS candies I had been inspired by. 

I had some fluffy white icing, which I spread over the face of the cake. I love fluffy white because it practically melts onto the cakes... it glides on so smooth and without being runny. I did not wish to ice the sides of the cake because I was just making this one for home and I didn't want it to be too sweet. Anyway, in honor of my first square cake I wanted to keep with a square pattern when decorating. Therefore, I chose to use the DOTS to create the simplistic and colorful design you see hear. 

I know, nothing amazing this time, but it WAS 11:39PM and I was just in the mood for some cake LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment