Saturday, May 22, 2010

Graduation Cupcakes

My sister graduates from college tomorrow, so I made her some special cupcakes to commemorate her achievement. The cupcake itself is what my friend and I have named "Chocolate Eruption". It's basically a yellow cake with chocolate cake erupting from its' core... tastes like marble cake tough, LOL. I piped on some white stars to cover the entire top of each cupcake. I bought graduation-themed cupcake wrappers from Walmart, and they came with these cute little messages/grad caps on toothpicks. When they were all done, I thought they looked nice, but way too black & white for my sister's taste... her favorite color is hot pink, so I rolled out some hot pink fondant and cut out hot pink stars. I think that honestly made all the difference! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment