Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy 56th Bday Eleana...


Ok, so I confess I had to cheat today :( At the last minute, I was told that I was in charge of getting the cake for my aunt's birthday today. I didn't have time to bake one of my own (which I ALWAYS prefer to do!), so I had to run to the supermarket and buy the plainest cake I could find. By the way, I was not at my home kitchen with all my tools. All I had with me was a tube of pink glitter gel and about 1/2 an hour to get something on the table. So I bought Entenmann's Black & White cake (which wasn't amazing, but wasn't bad either) and used my pink gel to pipe on a birthday greeting & a flower. Not a masterpiece, but considering I only had 1/2 an hour I think I did an OK job. I mean I could have bought a fully decorated cake from a bakery or grocery store, but I felt that was a little impersonal and the frosting on most of those are sooooo sugary and kind of yucky. More REAL cakes of my own to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment