Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tie Dye Cupcakes

Once again, I visited Michael's and saw something that caught my eye: a tie dye cupcake kit! It looked cool, but I have to admit the end result was not what I had wanted. It came with it's own batter mix, which I dyed red, yellow, and blue using the provided powdered food coloring. The cupcakes ALONE tasted good. The icing, however, was... in a word: GROSS! I followed their directions and used the icing mix they provided. I don't know what went wrong, but in the end the icing was grainy and tasted like pure butter. I mean it literally tasted like I was licking a stick of butter. YUCK! The tie dye design was pretty cool, but it was unfortunate that my family and I had to scrape off the icing just to enjoy the cupcakes. Oh well... live and learn. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment