Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wilton Course #1: 1st Class

 

I am so glad I signed up for the course! Today was my first class and I learned sooo many useful tips. I mean pretty much everything that was discussed today, I have either tried or have the tools to do so. However, today's lesson showed me how to do things better and how to use my tools properly. For instance, we learned how to use the "star tip" to decorate some sugar cookies. Followers of my blog would know that I've used the star tip before (see past posts: Valentine's Day 2010 & Graduation Cupcakes 2010). Before today, I often ran into the issue of my icing stars sometimes having tall peaks and I would have to use a toothpick to sort of smush them down. Class #1 very easily showed me how to use the star tip without having any peaks at all. Already, this class is worthwhile! I can't wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment