Sunday, June 13, 2010

National Puerto Rican Day Parade

¡Yo soy Boricua, pa que tu lo sepa!



As a Puerto Rican and a New Yorker, no June would be complete for me without the National Puerto Rican Day Parade! I love the pride the parade brings out of us all. This year, I decided to make a cake-tribute to the parade, my people and my heritage.
I baked a butter pecan cake. Why butter pecan? Because in pop culture, sexy Puerto Rican ladies are known as "Butta Pecan Rican". I then made a coconut-infused butter cream filling. I had to incorporate coconut into this cake because we Ricans love us some coconut flavor (expecially around Christmas when we make coquito). The outside of the cake was iced in a white buttercream frosting. A dark grey icing was used to pipe on a little message. And of course, you can all see that I used fondant to create an edible Puerto Rican flag.



No comments:

Post a Comment