Friday, August 13, 2010

Breast Cancer Bake Sale


I participated in the 4th Annual Breast Cancer Bake Sale that is hosted yearly at 16 East 60th Street in Manhattan. It's a small bake sale, but any money raised is helpful nonetheless. I wasn't able to work the bake sale because I had to get back to my own job, but I donated the cupcakes for this very good cause.


The cupcakes were made with a white cake recipe and white buttercream. I had ordered these special sprinkles online just for this occasion. I also sprinkled on some pale pink sugar. Even the cupcake liners were white with the breast cancer pink ribbons on them. I made 24 cupcakes for the bake sale and I was told that all but 4 sold. They sold for $2 a piece, so that means that my little cupcakes earned $40 towards breast cancer research. Yay! When it was all over, the woman in charge of the bake sale told me that my cupcakes sold really well and that they were better tasting than some store-bought ones that someone else had donated to the bake sale... woo hoo for the ego boost!

To learn more about breast cancer and read up on some statistics please click on the link: Breast Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment