Monday, August 30, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cappucino Muffin

Ok, I have had pumpkin muffins before and I like them, but the pumpkin flavor was always very strong. I found a pumpkin spice cappucino mix in one of the little shops over in Lancaster, PA and decided to try it out. Being the innovator that I am :) I decided to use this mix in combination with a homemade vanilla cake mix, rather than use it as a cappucino drink mix (which is what it was meant for). The result, in a word, was DELICIOUS. The pumpkin flavor was just so soft. You could taste the pumpkin, yet it did not overpower the cupcake.

Mind you, I only made these as an experiment. What a great experiment they ended up being. They were just meant for taste trials by my close family and friends, and everyone ended up loving them! Since they were not meant for show, I decided to make them using a new ice cream cone shaped pan that I had yet to use... that explains their funny shape LOL... just trying to kill two birds with one stone. I am definitely going to use this flavor in an autumn event... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment