Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crumb Cake From Carlo's Bakery... Hoboken, NJ

Me with crumb cake
I'm a big fan of the show "Cake Boss" on TLC. I've been to Carlo's Bakery a couple of times over the last two years, but only for mini-desserts, cookies and brownies. I had heard so much about Buddy's famous crumb cake that I just HAD TO try it. I pre-ordered it, which is the bext thing to do by the way because when it's ready you get to skip the long line that seems a permanent fixture outside the bakery. I asked a staff member of the bakery about the best time of day to call/come to the bakery and he said, believe it or not, between 7am and 10am. If you call or come between those times, there is less likely to be a line outside and the phone lines won't be as busy. I must say that the staff are all very helpful and nice.


Crumb cake

Anyway, I finally tried the crumbcake when I got home and here's my honest reaction: it was a good crumb cake, but not something that I would go crazy and out of my way for again. Again, it was a tasty crumb cake, but I wasn't left wanting more. I think I liked their brownie more.


Me @ Carlo's
My boyfriend, Chris, @ Carlo's Bakery


P.S.---> I was able to purchase an autographed copy of season 1 of "Cake Boss". It was signed by Buddy and his sister Grace (I actually met her in the shop when I originally placed the order).

No comments:

Post a Comment